Today Cayden and I got to help a guy in need (and hopefully restore a little of his faith in humanity) after he had been attacked and robbed of his few belongings.
All it took was a few minutes of our time to really listen to him, a cup of coffee and sandwich to keep him going and the gift of a bucket so that he can try and continue to earn a little money washing cars.
Grand gestures are not always necessary to change a persons life sometimes all they need is a kind word and a smile and who cannot spare some of those.
Be the change you want to see in the world.
‘No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted!’
The Kindness Challenge took up quiet a lot of time and energy and I feel like I havnt yet had a proper chance to thank everyone involved for their input and time.
The emails and feedback from the people who took part really touched Cayden and I here are just a few excerpts that I would like to share:-
– Cheering up people is such fun!! Emily has now taken to hugging ANYone who looks like they might need it. 🙂
– I’m so thrilled you are spreading so much kindness – it can only cause a miracle in the world if everyone was to follow your example!
– Day 2 – smashed …. Granny G took delicious crunchies to a neighbour, Grandpa G and Granny G each phoned a friend they had not spoken to for a very long time!
– Good idea and thanks for challenging us this week. It has been fun and very worthwhile.
– Dear Cayden and Salz… My smile took me many places today.
– Lucy pinned this drawing on our wall this morning to remind us to keep smiling.. Even AFTER the smile challenge 😀
– We think we practice kindness but it helps to be reminded as you did in the week past. It made me more aware of what I do and more observant of what I could do.
– Just wanted to comment and say your Kindness Challenge was AWESOME!! So well thought out, great ideas for kids AND adults. So awesome that you focused on such a wide range of areas with manageable steps in each one. At the beginning of the week I was feeling a bit sorry for myself and almost wishing I hadn’t committed to fitting more things into my week but I quickly felt so rewarded doing the various things, loved how good it made us & others feel. Overall, just fabulous – well done you guys, you are changing the world!
DONT forget each and every one of you have the power to change the world!
Each small act of kindness has a ripple effect that goes on immeasurably! Be the change you want to see in the world, it does not have to be a grand time consuming gesture it can be as simple as a kind word or smile.